Before speak with config, let see the topology first.
- Assign IP on Interface that cooperated with VLAN network, if VLAN not configured yet, create it first.
OMNI-6250-24# vlan 2 enable name "Omni Network" OMNI-6250-24# vlan 2 802.1q 1/1 #I use port 1/1 to be upstream link (sometime called trunk link) OMNI-6250-24# ip interface "management" address 192.168.7.27 mask 255.255.255.0 vlan 2
Verifying VLAN and IP Interface
- When done with VLAN and Management IP, you still can't ping the device, cause there is no any routing to Office internal network, you must create it first
OMNI-6250-24# ip static-route 0.0.0.0/0 gateway 192.168.7.1 metric 1
After verifying in omni, do ping test from your office network
- Now, time to enable service port in your omni, in this case. I just want to activate ssh port, telnet port and http port. So I enter the command like below:
OMNI-6250-24# ip service http OMNI-6250-24# ip service telnet OMNI-6250-24# ip service ssh OMNI-6250-24# aaa authentication console local OMNI-6250-24# aaa authentication telnet local OMNI-6250-24# aaa authentication ssh local
- After this, you may access the omni device using ssh client or telnet client, like putty.
- Using SSH Service Port
- Using Telnet Port
- Using HTTPS/HTTP Port Service
Good Luck. :D